Waiting for a Help from the BLUE SKY[සංස්කරණය]
- I think the biggest problem with the display of books in the subject pages is that the "Subject" (or the translation in Sinhala) needs to be made into an actual namespace. Beyond that, I have a lot of trouble, as I do not know Sinhala. I should note that the system English Wikibooks uses to group books is more complex than most Wikibooks wikis need to use. For the smaller ones, it is easier to simply create a page with links to all the books by hand. Adrignola 21:30, 14 ජූනි 2010 (යූටීසී)
- Regarding your categories and subjects, they do not have to match up with English Wikibooks. We have 2500+ books so we have to try to make sense of them all. The lack of a "විෂයය" namespace is the main cause of problems. You'll need to conduct a discussion here and gain consensus to create the "විෂයය" namespace. Then visit https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Wikimedia (you have to create an account) and choose "site requests" for the "component", and provide a link to the discussion in the "URL" field. Give the request a title and provide a summary of the changes you'd like (the creation of the "විෂයය" namespace). A developer will then make the change to your wiki configuration. After the namespace is made, I can see if there are any problems remaining. You'll also want to move any pages starting with "Subject" to ones starting with විෂයය and replace any instances of "Subject" in the "root subject" and "subject page" templates with විෂයය so that they function correctly after the change is made. Adrignola 03:34, 15 ජූනි 2010 (යූටීසී)
How can I divide pages[සංස්කරණය]
Thank you for the Help. How can I divide pages into sub categories like 1.1, 1.2, .. 2.1, 2.2 etc. Kumudupinto
- please read this page. සංස්කරණ උපදෙස්. Also please use ~~~~ in Discussion pages. -- බිඟුවා සාකච්ඡාව 02:38, 29 ජූනි 2010 (යූටීසී)
At Bugzilla, you'll want to request that the following be set:
$wgMetaNamespace = "විකිපොත්"; $wgMetaNamespaceTalk = "විකිපොත්_සාකච්ඡාව"; $wgNamespaceAliases = array('Wikibooks' => NS_PROJECT, 'Wikibooks_talk' => NS_PROJECT_TALK);
To ensure that any links currently pointing to "Wikibooks:" or "Wikibooks_talk:" do not break, the third line points them to the namespaces defined in the first and second lines. Adrignola 16:17, 3 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
- You can leave any links with "Wikibooks" as is. They will continue to function with the above code. You can change them to use විකිපොත් after the above is implemented, however, if an English word amongst another language is disruptive to the flow of things. Also, any pages that currently use "Wikibooks" will automatically be renamed to use "විකිපොත්", so you won't have to move any pages. Adrignola 13:49, 4 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
You'll want to file a bug report like English Wikibooks did to direct uploads to Commons. You can choose to allow fair use files to be uploaded locally by those in an "uploaders" group or disable local uploads entirely. See bug 21011. Adrignola 12:03, 10 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
If you look at en:Wikibooks:What is Wikibooks, you can see the scope of our project. People can create books on Wikibooks, but they cannot be composed of original research. Wikisource is for public domain works that were published at a date far enough back in time that they are no longer copyrighted. That license differs from the license that Wikibooks uses, which is the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0. Also see en:s:Wikisource:What is Wikisource?. Works on Wikisource have to have been previously published. People cannot write books to upload to Wikisource directly. Basically, original works are fine at Wikibooks, but they should use references or at least be plausible. If they are original research, at least on English Wikibooks, they are to be deleted or moved to Wikiversity (where original research is permitted). Potentially you will want to look into starting a Wikiversity rather than a Wikisource instead. Adrignola 12:12, 12 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
wikisource or wikibooks[සංස්කරණය]
[As per request, copied from en:s:User talk:Billinghurst]
We have a great history you might know about Lord Buddha & Buddhism. Also there are lots of books (they are really not books) written in palm leaves, related to Buddhism & our nation. Those books can be found in most of the temples. Those books contain the real History. But they have never ever published as a book. So now we want to upload these contents to wiki projects. this is the real issue we had. pls guide us. Since they are written by some one it is not match with Wikibooks project. Could you please tell me which is the better project (my idea is wikisource is the correct place) for this?
- Wikisource hosts works (more encompassing word than books) and we include original historical documents, published or otherwise, within our definition, see en:s:Wikisource:What Wikisource includes. We would apply a notability threshold for historical documents, though from my point of view the documents that you mention would meet that threshold and be quite okay to be hosted.
NOTE. if they do get hosted at oldwikisource:, we would like to be able to have the translations hosted at enWS and crosswiki'd. :-)
If you need a hand to get started, I am happy to help. I would encourage you to get images as they work best for proofreading. From there I would encourage you to make a .djvu file of the images and get this loaded to Commons: with a good file name. I will stop there, just in case I am getting ahead of things. Billinghurst 07:47, 13 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
- Billinghurst has some good points. If the documents are old enough to be in the public domain, then Wikisource is a good place for them. While I'm Wikibooks-focused, Billinghurst is more experienced with Wikisource, so I'm glad you came across him. I wish you well in the continued development of the projects. Adrignola 11:53, 13 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
(back again …)
- Gday again Binguwa. Hmm, I haven't seen a subdomain start up in my time at WS. What you may wish to consider is to start placing the documents at a Sinhala section at wwwWS, as it is the multilingual part for the smaller domains without their own subdomain, and then start splitting it out when you have a sizeable body of texts. To get that setup, it should just be a simple request to multilingual Wikisource Scriptorium.
Dear පරිශීලක:බිඟුවා & Unknown friend Adrignola,
Seems most (if not all & including me) Sinhala Wikipedians has confused between wikibooks & Wikisource. Most of the books (may be all) books here are ancient completed books. It seems we have to start si.Wikisource as soon as possible & move contents here to that. Singhalawap 19:35, 13 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
Yes. After going through the descriptions of wikibooks and wikisource, it seems like wikisource is the place for Sinhala public domain books. So are we going to move Sinhala wikibooks to wikisource anytime soon? Keheliya | කෙහෙළිය 17:57, 23 ජනවාරි 2011 (යූටීසී)
- Dear පරිශීලක:බිඟුවා, I suggest to replace word ලෝකයකට with word ලොවකට. It will be easy to say & rhymes nicely. Singhalawap 19:28, 13 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
- OK. But in those days no one here other than Lahirulk. So he was agreed with this. Than I have created a bug. But as you said it is nice if we can have ලොවකට than ලෝකයකට'. So we can do this modification in few days. we need to start a discussion in කෝපි කඩේ first. -- බිඟුවා සාකච්ඡාව 02:55, 14 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
You can customize the text shown above the upload box at MediaWiki:Uploadtext, similar to en:MediaWiki:Uploadtext. You can add licenses to the list for the drop-down menu at MediaWiki:Licenses. See en:w:MediaWiki:Licenses for all the options you have. You don't need to use them all. Additionally, on the lines where you see a pipe (|), the text to the right of the last pipe is what will be shown in the drop down menu, while the text to the left of the | calls a template name. You'll have to import all the templates that match up with the licenses that you want to put in the drop-down list. You would only need the "non-free" lines and templates if you plan to direct uploads to Commons and have local uploads restricted to those in an "uploaders" group and for non-free files only. Adrignola 12:02, 15 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
I support you for adminship. Good luck. --Lahirulk 05:10, 20 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
- Thank you Lahirulk. But we have lot more work here to do than wikit. It seems very less active users in Sinhala wikibooks. Let's see. -- බිඟුවා සාකච්ඡාව 05:13, 20 ජූලි 2010 (යූටීසී)
Text on logo[සංස්කරණය]
As an Administrator, you are allowed into #wikimedia-admin, the cross-wiki coordination channel for Wikimedia administrators. Any member of the channel can invite you in temporarily, but you need an invite exemption from a channel operator to get in whenever you want. Please come to #wikimedia and ask for an invite.
Any admin from any project is welcome and it is a good place for cross-wiki coordination of vandal and spam fighting. It is also useful for new admins to contact more experienced admins in real-time to get help with the more complicated admin tasks such as history merges/splits and importing via Special:Import.
- Please remember to translate the interface at betawiki: only and to upload images preferably at commons:
Best regards, --Kylu 01:59, 5 අගෝස්තු 2010 (යූටීසී)
meke sinhalen type karanne kohomada?[සංස්කරණය]
meke sinhalen type karanne kohomada?
බිගුවො... ඔබට බොහොම ස්තුතියි!!!--Suddi 03:49, 28 සැප්තැම්බර් 2010 (යූටීසී)
You will need to file another bugzilla request after a discussion showing consensus has been reached to turn on subpages for the කණිෂ්ඨ_විකි namespace. The reason you don't see that < Pagename link at the top and the reason the template at කණිෂ්ඨ විකි:හෝඩිය/අ does not work is because subpages are not turned on for the namespace. Subpages are the portion of the name after the slash (/). Also, you should probably include in your request to make sure subpages are turned on for the main namespace and the template namespace, as well as any others you use here. Adrignola 12:12, 8 ඔක්තෝබර් 2010 (යූටීසී)
- Thanks. I've got it now. I'll take necessary actions to turn on sub pages. -- බිඟුවා සාකච්ඡාව 14:43, 8 ඔක්තෝබර් 2010 (යූටීසී)
They've made the configuration change. However, you will not see the review group until you request to have the flagged revisions extension enabled. You will not see the edit filter manager group until you request to have the abuse filter extension enabled. These are extensions with far-reaching effects and you should read over their pages and discuss them thoroughly before filing bug reports to have them implemented. Both are enabled at English Wikibooks but they may not be appropriate for a smaller project (no offense). I don't think they created the rollbacker group; they just gave the ability to add or remove people from such a group (when it is actually created). You'll have to have a discussion as to the creation of that user group and submit a bug for that. Adrignola 04:32, 17 ජනවාරි 2011 (යූටීසී)
ආයුබෝවේවා! :D -Shane44 13:08, 5 ජූනි 2011 (යූටීසී)
පරිශීලකයන් විසින් එක් කොට ඇති පොතක් පිළිබඳ දැණගන්නයි..[සංස්කරණය]
බිඟුවා , පොත් එකතුවේ තිබෙන බයිබල් සූත්රය නම් පොත ඉවත් කිරීමේ හැකියාවක් තිබෙනවාද කියලා දැනගන්නයි ..මේ පණිවිඩය තබන්නේ... එම පොතෙන් බුදු දහම පිළිබඳවත් වැඩි සැලකිල්ලක් නොදක්වා රචකයා අදහස් ඉදිරිපත් කොට තිබෙනවා... ඔබට හැකියාවක් තිබෙනවාද අනිත් පරිපාලකයන් සහ ක්රියාකාරී පරිශීලකයන්ගෙන් අදහස් විමසා පිළිතුරක් සපයන්න.. ඒ වගේම අද මා ව්සින් එකතු කල "වෙනස් වෙන ගමක සාරධර්ම" නම් පොත නිසියාකාරව එක්වී තිබෙනවාද කියාත් පරීක්ෂාකර බලන්න පුළුවන්ද ? ස්තූතියි...